Running a kink event poses no shortage of challenges, not least of which are those in the arena of consent. Join us as we continue the discussion from September’s Consent Summit, as we tackle such issues as:
– How do we address incidents at our events?
– What degree of safety can be guaranteed? Can (and how can) consent be enforced?
– Can (and should) we attempt to address accusations of issues that occur outside our events?
– Is there an inherent conflict of interest between ensuring safety and making profit, and can it be overcome?
– Can we balance support for victims with due process?
– Are bans a viable means to deal with offenders? Do restorative justice principles offer an alternative?
While this discussion will focus on the issues faced by event producers and organizers, event attendees are welcome and encouraged to provide their input. TES’ very own Chair of Socials and DMs, Zero, will be moderating this important discussion as we work to map out an actionable plan to tackle these important issues in our community.