TES Election – Call for Candidates, By-Laws Amendments, and an Important Notice
In accordance with the By-Laws, the 2018 TES Annual Meeting and Election will take place on Tuesday, October 23, 2018.
All intentions to run for the Board of Directors, Parliamentarian, or Arbiter must be received by the Elections committee (firstname.lastname@example.org) 60 days in advance of the elections. The deadline this year is 11:59 pm on Friday, August 24, 2018. Please take notice of that date. Intentions to run submitted after the deadline will not be accepted.
Candidates must be a member in good standing of TES for at least one year in order to place their name in nomination. Candidates for the TES Board must be willing to have their real name used on TES tax filings, as well as any other legal documents as would be required.
Candidates are invited to submit an election statement not to exceed 250 words. This will be due no later than Friday, August 31, 2018 (one week after the filing deadline). All candidates’ statements will be posted to the newsletter list and to the website.
Notifications of intent and candidates’ statements may be:
– Sent by email (preferred method) to email@example.com AND firstname.lastname@example.org
– Handed to the Board Member on Duty, or to the door staff at a regular meeting at the TES location.
– Mailed to TES at PO Box 2783, Grand Central Station, New York, NY 10163-2783, Attn: Elections Committee (Very important: First class mail only! No express or certified mail, FedEx or UPS!)
An acknowledgement e-mail with additional instructions will be sent within a week of receipt.
Board: (9 members):
The board members who are continuing in office (2-year terms) are: Ann, Astro, and Odile. The remaining 6 board positions are up for election. The 4 candidates with the highest votes will receive 2-year terms. The 2 candidates with the next highest votes will receive 1-year terms.
Parliamentarian: The office of Parliamentarian (1 year term) is up for election.
Arbiter: The position of Arbiter (also a 1 year term) is up for election.
The Meet The Candidates Night will take place September 25, 2018 at the usual Tuesday meeting location.
By-Laws: Although the 90-day deadline for By-Laws Amendment proposals has past, the By-Laws committee will accept proposals until August 24, 2018.
To recap, important dates:
– August 24, 2018: Deadline to declare intent to run for the board, Parliamentarian, or Arbiter and to submit By-Laws Amendment proposals.
– August 31, 2018: Deadline for Candidate’s Statements
– September 25, 2018: Meet the Candidates
– October 23, 2018: Annual Meeting & Elections
IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you have requested postal delivery, the ballot will be mailed to your address of record. If you are unsure or didn’t receive a ballot last year, please send your current information to: email@example.com AND firstname.lastname@example.org Ballots, Proxies and Instructions will be available for download on the TES website.
Please e-mail email@example.com with any questions.
Don W, Chair, Elections Committee, By-Laws Committee